18 July 2010

Happy Meal Turned Digital...



So I stopped at a McDonald's
a few days ago and decided to order a Happy Meal. (Yes, I am an adult ordering a Happy Meal.) Once I got my meal a sense of nostalgia came over me. I found myself in curiousity of which toy I had received and then me searching for a pen to do the games that usually wrap the outside of the box. So with pen in hand I was ready and then i noticed it... in disbelief of what I was being asked to do by such a monumental staple of my youth and in society...the Happy Meal instead of asking me to find Ronald or finish the sentence it had asked me to "Play On-line." I am very aware of how technology is forever changing and is a huge part of society but does all areas need to conform? McDonald's usually prides themself on a classic burger never changed never altered... you know... 2 all beef paties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun...so why not the same for the Happy Meal?

No comments: